25.1.08

Tears














W
hat was once the sweetest thing,
what was once the most pure...
they tore and threw and tore and threw
until it bled and bled
and when there was no blood left,
they took whips and burning coals...
and burnt through the flesh
and then when the flesh was scarred for ever...
they took the soul and flung at it mud and bile...
those hands clawed and gnawed and bit and burnt...
until the soul got tired and left... and then there was nothing left...
just some salty water on something numb...

i forgive those hands...
for those blessed hands once had themselves made,
what was once the sweetest thing...
what was once pure...

so i took the salty water
and filled it in the hollow of my heart...
and gave my heart to the two i trust...
to keep them safe...
my remnants...
my tears...

for the tears are still pure...
i swear they are...
and they also are...

... all that i can give.

2 comments:

Ankur said...

Tears, suicides, and all things morbid from abysmal depths of deepest of despairs. Thats all your posts have been about lately. For once a move more gray than black. Its like I heard a voice coming from your brains "Grey Matter: Present Sir!". I like this template. U can do better though.

diksha said...

well the poem was dark because it was what had happened that day and well i couldn't bear to write what had happened so i coded it...
i didnt know what i was writing.. just kept crying and typing...
and voila in 5 mins,i had ready, a stupid little poem...
it was something about my past that my mum used against me for the sheer intention to hurt...
so welll
but ok
i guess i will try to write something different

tum bhi kya yaad rakhoge,
kis raes se pala pada tha
lol